PDF Viewer is a plugin for the 4th Dimension programming language, that allows you to view PDF documents inside a plugin area. On Mac it utilizes the built-in features of the operating system (Quartz) to render PDF documents. On Windows, it uses Adobe reader to display the document. Since the plugin area is just another control on the form, you can easily integrate it in your applications.
Here is a short list of the available features:
- Easy to use plugin area.
- Customizable user interface.
- Load PDF data from a disk file or a blob variable.
- Open password protected documents.
- Retrieve the width and height of a page.
- Retrieve the number of pages in a document.
- Goto an arbitrary page inside a document.
- Fractional scaling (zoom in/zoom out).
- Show/hide scrollbars.
- Show PDF documents with a transparent background.
- Print high-quality artwork (i.e. logos) by putting the plugin area on a form.
- Support for 4D Server 64-bit on Mac & Windows.
- Available for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Fully compatible with 4D v11, 12, 13, 14 and 15.
- On Windows Adobe Reader is required.
Please note that not all features are available on both platforms. See the section “Platform differences” in the documentation for a complete overview.
Licensing & Pricing
PDF Viewer has a very simple licensing scheme:
€ 300 per platform (Mac or Windows)
€ 500 if both platforms are purchased at once (Mac and Windows)
Both licenses allow unlimited deployment.
Version 2.0.1 is now available!
Click on the following links to download a demo version of PDF Viewer.
PDF Viewer for Mac & Windows