PDFX Plugin is a plugin for the 4th Dimension programming language that allows you to extract text and other information from PDF documents. PDFX Plugin allows you to create solutions that need to categorize and index many PDF documents automatically. It allows you to extract text from a single page, a page range or the entire document. This can be used if you need to index pages individually. If required, the plugin can also try to retain the original layout as much as possible. This allows you to create a very simplistic textual representation of the document. Besides this, the plugin also provides support for password protected documents and can output text in a various encodings.
Here is a short list of the available features:
- Extract text from PDF documents to a disk file or to a blob variable.
- Unicode support.
- Support for password-protected PDF documents.
- Options can be set to specify a page range, the line endings and whether to retain the original layout.
- Get information from PDF documents like the PDF version, the number of pages, permission settings and document information fields.
- Available for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Support for 4D Server 64-bit Mac & Windows.
- Works with 4D version 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15.
Licensing & Pricing
PDFX Plugin is € 400 for a server license. This license is valid for one server and unlimited users. It includes both the Mac and the Windows version.
Please contact us for other arrangements not covered by our standard offers.