PostgreSQL Plugin is a plugin for the 4th Dimension programming language that allows easy connectivity to a PostgreSQL database.
PostgreSQL is a popular open source database platform with connectivity options for many programming languages such as PHP, Perl, Python, TCL, C, Java etc. This means you can easily access your database from a variety of applications written in a variety of programming languages.
The plugin provides features such as rowsets and prepared SQL statements. Rowsets are much like a selection of records in 4D, making it easy for you to browse through the result of a query. Prepared SQL statements make it easy for you to construct valid SQL statements without having to worry about the proper use of quotes.
Here is a short list of all the available features:
- Supports PostgreSQL version 8.x, 9.x and higher.
- Open multiple database connections simultaneously.
- Work with multiple row sets.
- Allows forward and backward navigation through row sets.
- Easy construction of SQL statements.
- Support for picture and blob fields.
- Support for stored procedures.
- Asynchronous notifications.
- Asynchronous queries.
- Notices send by the database server.
- SSL support
- Unicode and native image formats support.
- Support for 64-bit mode on Mac and Windows.
- Includes example code to clone a 4D database to PostgreSQL.
- Available for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Fully compatible with 4D v12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17.
Licensing & Pricing
PostgreSQL Plugin has a very simple licensing scheme:
€ 300 per developer (unlimited deployment Mac & Windows)
Updates from previous versions are available for € 200 per license.
Version 3.0.1 is now available!
Click on the following links to download a demo version of PostgreSQL Plugin.
PostgreSQL Plugin for Mac & Windows
Version 2.5.2 can be downloaded here
PostgreSQL Plugin version 2.5.2