Spotlight Plugin is a plugin for the 4th Dimension programming language. It allows your application to query the Spotlight database. This gives you a high performance solution for doing full-text searches on documents on your hard disk. You can then retrieve all the metadata from the found items. It also comes with a Spotlight metadata importer which can be used to index information coming from your 4D application.
Here is a short list of the available features:
- Perform synchronous or a-synchronous queries on the Spotlight database.
- Limit queries to specific folders.
- Quickly retrieve metadata information from all found items.
- Retrieve all metadata information for each found item.
- Open the standard Spotlight window (as used by the Finder) using a custom search string.
- Index data coming from your 4D application using the 4D metadata importer.
- Install a callback method that gets called when the user double clicks on a 4D metadata file in the Finder. This can be used for example to display the associated customer record.
- Available as a Universal binary.
- Works with 4D 2003 (*) and higher running on Mac OS X 10.4 or higher.
- Compatible with 4D v11 SQL
* Please note that 4D Client 2003 on Mac OS X does not automatically download plugins in the bundle format. To make the process of distributing such plugins easier, you can use the free BundleLoader plugin.
Licensing & Pricing
Spotlight Plugin has a very simple licensing scheme:
€ 400 per developer (unlimited deployment)
Version 1.1.1 is now available!
Click on the following links to download a demo version of Spotlight Plugin.
Spotlight Plugin for Mac