XL Plugin is a plugin for the 4th Dimension programming language (4D) that that can read and write Excel files. It doesn’t require Microsoft Excel and .NET framework, is easy to use and offers powerful features.
XL Plugin can be used to:
- Generate a new spreadsheet from scratch
- Extract data from an existing spreadsheet
- Edit an existing spreadsheet
XL Plugin can help your applications in exporting and extracting data to/from Excel files with minimum effort. Also it can be used as a report engine. It supports Excel 97-2003 binary formats (xls) and Excel 2007/2010 xml formats (xlsx).
Here is a short list of the available features:
- Read and write .xls and .xlsx files
- Advanced cell formatting
- Works on Mac OS X 10.6 or higher (Intel only) or Windows XP or higher.
- Works with Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Compatible with 4D v11, 12, 13, 14 and 15
- Available as 64 bit plugin (for Mac and Windows)
Licensing & Pricing
XL Plugin has a very simple licensing scheme:
- € 400 per platform (Mac or Windows)
- € 600 if both platforms are purchased at once (Mac and Windows)
Both licenses allow unlimited deployment.
Version 1.1 is now available!
Click on the following links to download a demo version of XL Plugin.
XL Plugin for Mac & Windows