Canvas Plugin is a plugin for the 4th Dimension programming language that provides a rich toolbox for drawing objects inside a plugin area and adding interactivity to those objects. Its focus is on being a versatile developer tool, that allows you to create custom user interface controls such as custom buttons, animated menu’s, gantt charts, taskbars etc. It offers a rich set of high-level events with complete programmatic control on the behavior.
Version 1.5 includes some new features and improved compatibility with 4D version 11. The most important new features are:
- Support for cascading stylesheets.
- Programmatically create stylesheets and set their various properties.
- Programmatically create library pictures.
- Commands for cloning a layer or a complete plugin area.
- Plugin access can be limited to specific users in a client-server environment.
- A hugely improved demo database with more examples.
Please refer to the section “Version history” in the documentation for a complete overview.
Canvas Plugin is available for Mac OS X and Windows.