PostgreSQL Plugin has been updated to version 4.1. This version includes the following improvements:
- Added support for Apple Silicon (M1) based Macs.
- Updated PostgreSQL client libraries to version 14.1.
- Added support for JSON fields to PgSQL Row To Object and PgSQL Rowset To Collection. These are now automatically transformed into objects or collections.
- The plugin now also uses the new non-blocking API for establishing a connection. Al operations with PostgreSQL have become non-blocking. Because of this the asynchronous query option has been removed, since it has become obsolete. In case of problems, this behaviour can be disabled through the “non-blocking” option in PgSQL Connect.
- Added per connection time-out setting. See the connection-timeout option in PgSQL Connect.
- The implementation of the command PgSQL Get Open Connections has changed. It now returns a collection of objects with information about the active connections.
- When a 4D process is ending, any connections belonging to that process are now automatically closed.
- Enhanced support for options parameter in PgSQL Connect, so that all supported options in the connection string of PostgreSQL can be used.
- Added support for gssencmode option. The plugin automatically sets this option to “disable” in order to prevent any further error messages.
- Fixed a bug in PgSQL Send Copy Data.
- Fixed memory leak when running a single SQL query that returns multiple results sets, and while not retrieving unused result sets.
For details see the section Version history of the documentation.