MyConnect Plugin is a plugin for the 4th Dimension programming language that allows easy connectivity to a MySQL database.
MySQL is a popular database platform with connectivity options for many programming languages such as PHP, Perl, Python, TCL, C, Java etc. This means you can easily access your database from a variety of applications written in a variety of programming languages.
The plugin provides features such as rowsets and prepared SQL statements. Rowsets are much like a selection of records in 4D, making it easy for you to browse through the result of a query. Prepared SQL statements make it easy for you to construct valid SQL statements without having to worry about the proper use of quotes.
Here is a short list of all the available features:
- Supports MySQL version 4.x, 5.x and higher.
- Open multiple database connections simultaneously.
- Work with multiple row sets.
- Allows forward and backward navigation through row sets.
- Easy construction of SQL statements.
- Support for picture and blob fields.
- Support for stored procedures.
- Support for multiple statements and multiple result sets.
- Support for connection compression and automatic reconnect.
- Support for encrypted connections using SSL.
- Support for Unicode and native image formats with 4D v11 and higher.
- Support for 4D Server 64-bit on Mac & Windows.
- Includes example code to clone a 4D database to MySQL.
- Available for Mac OS X and Windows.
- Fully compatible with 4D v12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17.
Licensing & Pricing
MyConnect Plugin has a very simple licensing scheme:
€ 300 per developer (unlimited deployment Mac & Windows)
Updates from version 2.x are available for € 200 per license.
Version 3.0.2 is now available!
Click on the following links to download a demo version of MyConnect Plugin.
MyConnect Plugin for Mac & Windows
Version 2.5.1 can be downloaded here
MyConnect Plugin version 2.5.1 for Mac & Windows