Networking ToolKit (NTK) is a plugin that allows you to implement TCP and UDP socket network communications within your 4D applications.
With this plugin you can add powerful networking capabilities to your application like:
- Add a telnet interface to your 4D application for remote administration.
- Invoke remote methods for distributed processing.
- Automatic discovery of network services.
- Add chat functionality within your applications.
- Communicate with any TCP enabled device such as printers, barcode scanners or laboratory equipment over a network.
- Implement client or server functionality for protocols such as HTTP, XML/RPC, HL7, SMTP, POP, DNS etc.
Here is a short list of the available features:
- An easy to use command set.
- High performance, non-blocking sockets.
- TCP/IP client and server sockets.
- Advanced SSL support with server-side and client-side verification.
- Statistics information on server sockets
- UDP client and server sockets supporting unicasting, multicasting and broadcasting.
- A rich set of IPC commands (inter process communication).
- System debugging and logging tools
- GZip/deflate compression
- Random password generator
- Encryption (AES, DES, Blowfish etc.)
- Hashing (MD5, SHA1 etc.)
- Hash-based Message Authentication Code (HMAC-MD5, HMAC-SHA1 etc.)
- Digital signatures and envelopes
- JSON (read/write)
- JSON Web Tokens (JWT)
- Markdown to HTML conversion with support for GitHub flavoured markdown.
- A framework inspired by ExpressJS for writing REST services.
- Works on Mac OS X 10.7 or higher or Windows 7 or higher.
- Compatible with 4D v13, 14, 15 and 16
- Supports 64-bit mode on Mac & Windows
The demo database comes with examples for AutoDiscovery, Telnet, HTTP Client, HTTP Server and JSON/RPC. The HTTP Server demo also shows how data can be exchanged with a HTML5 web application using AngularJS.
Licensing & Pricing
NTK Plugin has a very simple licensing scheme:
- € 400 per platform (Mac or Windows)
- € 600 if both platforms are purchased at once (Mac and Windows)
Both licenses allow unlimited deployment.
Updates from previous versions are available for €250 per license (Mac or Windows) or €400 for licenses covering both platforms (Mac and Windows). Users that purchased the plugin after 1 July 2016 are eligible for a free update.
Version 3.1 is now available!
Click on the following links to download a demo version of NTK Plugin.
Version 2.5.4 can be downloaded here
NTK Plugin version 2.5.4