Spotlight Plugin is a plugin for the 4th Dimension programming language. It allows your application to query the Spotlight database. This gives you a high-performance solution for doing full-text searches on documents on your hard disk. You can then retrieve all the metadata from the found items. It also comes with a Spotlight metadata importer which can be used to index information coming from your 4D application.
Here is a short list of the available features:
- Perform synchronous or a-synchronous queries on the Spotlight database.
- Limit queries to specific folders.
- Quickly retrieve metadata information from all found items.
- Retrieve all metadata information for each found item.
- Open the standard Spotlight window (as used by the Finder) using a custom search string.
- Index data coming from your 4D application using the 4D metadata importer.
- Install a callback method that gets called when the user double clicks on a 4D metadata file in the Finder. This can be used for example to display the associated customer record.
- Works with Mac OS X 10.13 and higher.
- Support for Apple Silicon.
- Compatible with 4D v18, v19, v20 and higher
Licensing & Pricing
Spotlight Plugin has a very simple licensing scheme:
€ 400 per developer (unlimited deployment)
Version 3.0 is now available!
Click on the following links to download a demo version of Spotlight Plugin.
Spotlight Plugin for Mac